Please do not use the browser "Back" button while navigating the database pages and record request forms. Instead click on the "Back to Main Page" button below to return to the list of searchable databases and online records request forms.
- We now accept credit card payments. Or print the request form and pay by check or money order.
- You may combine up to 10 records from different databases and record request forms in a single order.
This database indexes approximately 149,645 marriage records filed with the Secretary of State from 1 May 1848 through 31 May 1878. Complete records include the name, age, and residence of the bride and groom, the parents' names, the date and place of marriage, the officiant, and the groom's occupation. Not all records are complete.
Note that marriages were also recorded at the county level during the 1795-1878 period. County marriage returns typically record only the marrying parties, date, and officiant. Consult our County Marriage Records
catalog page for further information about our holdings of county records.
This index may be searched by any combination of first name, last name, the county of registration, and/or year of the marriage. Results are limited to 500 records per search.
Entering the initial letter or string of letters into the name fields will return all records beginning with that string. To search a string within a name use the wildcard character * followed by the string. For example, the surname "Smith" may be searched to include the variant "Smyth" by entering "Sm*th" in last name field. To sort the search results click on the header
of each column.
- To order a copy, click "Select" next to the record.
- Selected records are added to the shopping cart at the bottom of the page.
- Click the "Back to Main Page" button to continue searching or request additional records.
- Click "Check Out" or "View Cart" and follow the payment instructions to order copies.
- Please read the instructions on the shopping cart page and order form carefully.